Local Info: Getting Around, Maps, Hotels and more
ACADIA Shuttle Buses
Connecting Hotels to UCSF, CCA and more:
Public Transport and Taxis
Taxis and Car Services:
Sightseeing in SF
- SF Architectural Sightseeing: de Young Museum (Herzog / de Meuron), California Academy of Sciences (Renzo Piano), Cathedral of St. Mary (Pier Luigi Nervi / Belluschi), Contemporary Jewish Museum (Daniel Liebeskind), SFMOMA (Mario Botta), Yerba Buena Gardens (Maki / Polshek), SF Federal Building (Morphosis), The Ferry Building, AT+T Park (SF Giants)
- SF Great Neighborhood Tours: 1. Mission District (Start: 24 Street / Bryant, walk along 24th St to Valencia, Walk Valencia to 18th St / Mission Dolores Park); 2. China Town / North Beach (Start: California / Stockton, Walk north on Stockton to Columbus Ave, right on Columbus into North Beach "Little Italy". Visit Stout Architectural Books in North Beach (amazing) 3. Cable Car / Russian Hill: (Start: Market St and Powell, catch the cable car and head up to Russian Hill / Lombard Street) 4. Potrero Hill: Walk up Connecticut St in front of CCA to the restaurants and Farley's Cafe on 18th St and further up with great views on 20th St.
The Group Name, Code and Attendee Code will be made available to you when you register for the conference. If you have lost your code please e-mail the conference Chairs at: acadia.conf.2012 at gmail.com.
1. Good Hotel *** Fully Booked as of 9/17
2. Americania Hotel (Best Western)
3. Holiday Inn
Other: King George Hotel
Other: Hotel Griffin
Maps and iOS / Android Apps
Map: View a custom Google map with ACADIA 2012 hotels, venues, public transportation, food and more. Apps: Download the ACADIA 2012 App for the iPhone and for Android phones. Both UCSF and CCA have open WIFI networks.
Cars, Bikes, Boats
Other great ways to get around SF
Events in SF during ACADIA
- SFMOMA: Field Conditions (Arch + Art Installations) curated by Joseph Becker Link work by Lebbeus Woods and more
- Urban Prototyping: SF (Design and Tech Festival) Link
- Zero1: San Jose (Art + Tech Biennale) Link
- Alonzo King: Lines Ballet (Contemporary Dance) with noted electroic artist Jim Campbell Link
- View the America's Cup Sailing Sites along the Embarcadero
The weather is San Francisco is a little unpredictable. Wear layers whenever possible. It is generally cool and foggy in the morning, warm and sunny in the afternoon, and cool again in the evening. The average low temperature for mid October is 50°F (10°C) with the high reaching 70°F (21°C).
Pacific Tradewinds Backpackers Hostel
Green Tortoise Hostel
Lodging / Shares
Airbnb - Apartments and Rooms for Rent